Instructions for authors
It is our great pleasure to welcome you as a session speaker at EuCAP’2017 in Paris, France.
Important Information for Oral Presentation
In order to ensure a smooth performance during your oral session, we kindly ask you to consider the following instructions:
- The overall time slot for each presentation is 20 minutes for both regular and convened presentations. Plan your speech for a duration of 15 minutes in order to allow time for questions and discussion, as session chairs have been instructed to rigorously enforce the schedule. We fully rely on your cooperation in respecting this duration.
- Be at the session room 15 minutes before session starts and introduce yourself to the session chairs.
- A video projector and a PC will be available in all conference rooms. Speakers are not allowed to bring their own laptop computer, avoiding useless time breaks in between papers
- Bring your presentation on a USB memory stick in MS-PowerPoint or Adobe PDF formats, and upload it in the Session Room computer no later than 15 minutes prior to your session start! You can also bring it earlier, during the coffee/lunch breaks of any days before your presentation. A volunteer will be at your disposal to help you to upload it in the right file in order to find it easily at the time of presentation.
- In order to avoid any compatibility problems, read carefully the instructions below.
- For MS-PowerPoint presentations, please use the following versions only: PP 97-2003 (*.ppt) or 2007, 2010 to guarantee that it will be opened successfully on the on-site PC
- We recommend to use the PPT/PPTX format instead of PPS
- All videos or animations in the presentation must run automatically!
- We cannot provide support for embedded videos in your presentation; please test your presentation with the on-site PC several hours before your presentation. Generally, the WMV format should work with no difficulties.
- In case your video is not inserted in MS-PowerPoint, it is possible to have it in other formats – MPEG 2,4, AVI (codecs: DivX, XviD, h264) or WMV. Suggested bitrate for all mpeg4 based codecs is about 1 Mbps with SD PAL resolution (1024x576pix with square pixels, AR: 16/9).
- Only fonts that are included in the basic installation of MS-Windows will be available (English version of Windows). Use of other fonts not included in Windows can cause wrong layout/style of your presentation.
- Suggested fonts: Arial, Times New Roman.
If you insist on using different fonts, these must be embedded into your presentation by choosing the right option when saving your presentation:
- Click on “File”, then “Save As”
- Check the “Tools” menu and select “Embed True Type Fonts”
Important Information for Poster Presentation
When preparing a Poster, presenters should have in mind the objective of capturing the interest of attendees to the work that is being presented. The quality of the presentation stimulates the attention from the audience, and improves the overall satisfaction of the community attending the conference. Use an appropriate font size allowing posters to be readable by delegates from 2 m away. The text on the poster should be clear and understandable without oral explanation.
The poster size must be A0 format: 1,20m height and 0,9m width. The poster board is fitted to host a poster of an A0 format. We strongly encourage you to provide a poster of this size and not multiple A3 or A4 individual sheets to fit within A0 size as you will have problems to fix them on the board.
Please check on the programme booklet in which session and corridor (Corridor Paris, Corridor Neuilly or Corridor Top) your poster is scheduled. Each poster board will be marked with a poster ID-number. Yours can be found in the booklet. Presenters are required to use only the board corresponding to their poster ID-number.
Set-up and removal of the poster Schedule
- Posters should be set-up the day you are presenting between 10H00-11H00 a.m. around the morning coffee break. Be aware that the local organization may be able to assist you with the appropriate material ONLY during this time slot (10H00-11H00). Posters should be set-up on the poster board using only dual-face sticking tape or similar tool supplied by the local organization. Staples, pins, screws or any abrasive or perforating hardware are not permitted. Do not write or paint on the poster boards.
- Posters should be removed from the boards by the end of the day (6.00 pm maximum). If not, they will be destroyed.
Printing a poster on-site
- Should you need to print an A0 poster on-site, a printer shop (“COPY-TOP”, see below) is located 10 minutes at walking distance from the Conference venue.
- Bring your poster on an USB key in PDF file (A0 portrait format). Printing an A0 poster takes approx. 15 minutes. In order to avoid any waiting time, we strongly recommend you to print it in advance (the day before of your presentation for example). The rate of one A0 printing is 97.82 €; for two A0 posters, it is 163.00 € and for 10 posters 567.11 € (always incl. taxes). The 2-posters and 10-posters discounted rates apply for more than one poster printed altogether in the same order.
COPY-TOP: 62, avenue de la Grande Armée – 75017 Paris
Opening hours: Monday to Friday 09:00-19:00
www.copytop.com (in french)